Quickbooks Desktop for Beginners
Time & Location
About the event
This workshop is intended for someone who wants to know the BASICS of setting up a QuickBooks DESKTOP company file and start entering typical transactions. We will use QuickBooks Pro 2021. There is no need to bring a laptop with QuickBooks installed on it, as we will not be able to answer questions about your own QuickBooks setup during this session.
THIS WORKSHOP IS PROVIDED FOR $50 TO LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS/MANAGERS. No refunds after the registration deadline. REGISTRATION DEADLINE: September 8 at 12pm
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU ALSO ATTEND OUR "Accounting 101 for Small Business Owners & Managers" workshop on September 7th from 1-3 pm, as QUICKBOOKS ASSUMES THAT YOU UNDERTAND THE BASICS OF ACCOUNTING. Registration for the Accounting 101 workshop is $20/person, however up to 15 paid registrants of the Accounting 101 workshop can ask for a $20 discount off the 9/9 QuickBooks workshop if they attend both events. Seating is limited and first come first serve. Please register separately at https://nwtsbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/15528
During the 4-hour QuickBooks session we will:
- Create a beginning balance sheet for our fictitious company
- Create and set up a QuickBooks company file
- Import a Chart of Accounts from Excel
- Set up the beginning balance sheet in QuickBooks
- Add customers and vendors
- Set up sales tax
- Add products and buy inventory
- Enter sales and create invoices
- Create customer statements
- Collect payments and deposit funds
- Enter some expenses Pay bills
- Explore some basic financial reports.
IMPORTANT: a minimum of 5 registrants is required to hold this workshop. If we do not have enough registrants by the registration deadline to hold this workshop, we will contact you shortly after the registration deadline to inform you and offer you to sign up for the next available workshop.
Once you have registered please contact Becky Castilleja at 806-745-1637 to arrange payment.
Materials will be emailed to you following the end of the Workshop.